Being both positive and productive has always been a struggle for me, specially since Netflix was invented. Over the past couple of weeks I've tried and tested various tips and tricks to get the most out of my day and I'd like to share them with you!
1. Wake up early. This had to be the most difficult one for me. It takes some getting used to but once you get through the first few days it becomes a habit. I found I'm most productive in the morning. Stores are usually fairly empty which I love because I hate dealing with crowds while running errands. This is the perfect excuse for me to make myself some of my favorite caramel iced coffee and I find myself sticking to a healthier diet because I have time to break my usual 3 meals a day into four.
2. Keep yourself busy. Go to the gym, read a book or pick up a new hobby! A couple of weeks ago I started reading a book that I bought ages ago but never had the chance to open. It's great to get away from the computer screen for at least 30 minutes a day. As a generation that's surrounded by all of this technology, we really need a break. If we wanted to we could be on the internet all day long but taking a bit of time away to do something that's good for your mind and body can help you feel more productive and less grumpy!
3. This next tip is all about positivity. Be nice to people! Compliment one another! This may sound corny but complimenting people will not just make their day, it will make you happier and more positive! Now I'm not saying to go around giving people fake compliments, but if you like someones outfit or their haircut, say so! If a co-worker or fellow classmate does something you're impressed by be sure to let them know!
4. Stay organized. Take some time out of your day or week to de-clutter the space around you. Not only does a messy living space, work space or car stress you out, but it's very distracting. Taking that time to make sure you have an organized space will make things a lot more easy and efficient and will in turn make your day more productive!
5. Listen to podcasts that interest you. I'm always down to listen to bhangra mixes while I'm driving but lately I've been playing some podcasts and it's made all the difference in my day because there's always something to learn or something that will make you smile. Some of my favorites are Desi Beats, The Hype Show, The British Asian Podcast and VeerRadio!
6. Take time every evening to reflect on your day. Whether it's just a few minutes to think or you write in a notebook every day, focus on the positive aspects of your day. If there were negative aspects, try to figure out how you can turn it into a positive experience. I always laughed when people told me to try this but being able to look back at how my day went makes me strive to make the next day even better.