Hey everyone! It's been a couple of weeks since I SERIOUSLY started my fitness journey, so I thought I'd share whats going on for those of you who may be interested. Here are some of the changes I've made so far:
- I've started drinking about 60-60oz of water every single day, starting off with 8oz as soon as I wake up in the morning
- My breakfast either consists of eggs or oatmeal and green tea with lemon and honey
- I've cut junk food out of my diet almost completely, although I'll treat myself to a milkshake no more than once a week
- I've also started going to the gym about 4-6 days a week depending on my schedule
- Doubled my amount of cardio and added more arm/leg workouts
- I'm sticking to a healthier more vegetable based diet (plenty of lentils/daal for protein) and have made healthier food choices overall, like switching regular fries to baked sweet potato fries, regular pasta to whole wheat, etc.
- No more late night snacks unless I'm absolutely starving
The slightly chilly weather is somewhat of an advantage because I'm able to wear a hoodie to the gym and I end up sweating a lot more. (Gross, I know, but it really does help). Obviously when the weather does eventually warm up I'll be switching to the appropriate workout gear. Initially going to the gym was exhausting and I had no energy to get through the rest of the day. I'd often work out every other day because I was too tired, but I now find myself more energetic AFTER my workouts rather than before. I've also been sleeping better at night and my metabolism is starting to speed up, helping me lose about 2 lbs of excess weight so far! I'm really happy that I've started to see and feel the results! It's tedious and I dread going to the gym most days but I realized I never regret working out. I'll always feel guilty about skipping a workout but I'll never feel guilty about pushing myself to go to the gym, even if I don't finish my complete workout. Anything is better than nothing!